Sunday, December 7, 2008

My First Craft Show Did Not Suck

Lancaster City Arts Market
So, this was my first ever craft show and I must say it was not sucky. The building wasn't heated, and a few windows were broken, so it was FREEZING.

Friday Night - SetUp
So friday night my hubby and I drove the pickup to Lancaster (about 45 minutes away) to set up shop. I suck at driving that stupid ginormous truck. Gah, I hate it.
Anyway. We got there, and set up my booth. The plan was to make feet outa toobafors (2x4's) for the doors that I hung my bags on....well, we didn't. I was kinda scared people would trip on them. So we just went for it and prayed they didn't fall and crush anyone.
Here's my booth

So saturday I got to the spot at like 9:30, the doors opened to shoppers at 10. I would say the first hour was slow...then 11 hit and BAM shoppers everywhere! It was like a mad house.
I've never used little reciept books before, for those of you who haven't....remember to stick the carbon paper BETWEEN the two copies. LOL! It took me 3 receipts to figure that out. DUH!

So anyway, my best friend Kristine was there with me, just helping out. This is us (I'm the one in the hat)Alright, so. I whipped up 11 HUGE market bags. I had them out at the end of the booth on a coat rack with I big sign that said "Big Market Bags $10". I sold out! With over an hour to go.

Driving home I found the end of the world, in the form or 18 million black birds. They looked like pigeons, but were jet black. This picture only shows like 2% of them. Its was nuts. (and I took it while I was first!)

I had to make more, cause I promised customers I would have more Sunday. So I stayed up till 1am making more bags. I didn't finish, but was so tired that I told myself I would get up early and finish 'em up.

Okay, so I get up early. NOT. I had about 10 minutes to finish the I'm sewing like a sewing fool. And sew right through my finger! The needle actually broke off in my finger. My husband had to pull it out for me and bandage me up. I almost barfed. Sorry, no pic, it was painful and I didn't even think about finding the camera.

I arrived late...well, at like 9:57. Oh and there was NO coffee at my house. (bad bad morning). So I had to buy coffee before rearranging and prettying up my booth for the day. So, I got my cup o joe and cleaned up my booth, and plopped into my chair. And waited for the shoppers...and waited....and waited...and they never came. :( I'm not sure if it was because it was crazy cold outside, or because everyone that planned on coming came the day before.

My mom, dad, uncle, aunt, cousin & cousins boyfriend came to see me tho! Yay! Gotta love the family support!!! closing. This show rocked for me. I think next year I will only do saturday tho.

Oh AND....I got to meet a few fellow etsyians with killer cool stuff!!!!

Check them out!

She has the coolest etsy chair EVER!!!!

And this was my neighbor at the show!

Really freakin' awesome kaleidoscope art!!!


umlauf said...

Awesome display you had there! I love your table-front banner.. did you print it on fabric?

RuJu said...

I actually painted that right onto a piece of fabric...then just safety pinned it to the table cloth (bed sheet). I'm very frugal. :)

sweetmaggiemay said...

Congrats on a great first show!!! Your set up was so awesome.
thank you for including my chair!!!!!
Hope to see you at other shows!!!


©  free template by Blogspot tutorial